Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"Batu Caves, aku datang!!!"

Today is Tuesday, January, 30th 2007... I made my own history. Being woke up at 5:30 am in the morning and began preparing for a jogging (or at least a walk!). It was nearly a year that I quit for a such thing like that. But, my real intention for waking up in the early morning today wasn't really for a jogging. The real intention actually was to climb the limestone hill of the Batu Caves. What? Yes! For regular visitors, it might be sound silly that I've nearly jumped out of my brain when I've succeeded being up there after 6 minutes of stairs climbing. For a first timer like me, I think it was a big achievement for being managed to climb upstairs in that duration of time. I've finally admitted that I'm a little bit afraid of height. It's 272 steps for godsake... and it's at the open air! I was unable to look at the downstairs behind me. During my walk, hazardous is what came to mind. Imagine what if I fell down and began rolled down unstoppable till the end of the steps. I could be paralyzed for my whole entire life. Damn! My legs began shaking and sweats dropped heavily. I have mixed feelings this time... whether to continue or quit. Nah... it's just steps. Nothing to be afraid of. If I fell down and if that is what my destiny really are, then why should be afraid? Everyone will die someday. Huh, what the hell I'm thinking? This is tricky anyway, my legs weakened and the smells of the cave getting nearer. At the final steps of 272, the whole perspective inside the cage began clear. It was 7:00 am in the morning. There are quite numbers of people in there, doing their own things. Which I couldn't care less. I believe that mostly here are the Hindu devotees. I was in the cave temple about 20 minutes; discovering and sightseeing the artistic and culture of the believers. It's somesort a discovery for me about one of the religious manifestations here in Malaysia. Okay, I'm not gonna talk about it. Definitely, it's a belief that built for some people to choose. I rest my case about this here, full stop. Alright, came for a time for me to go downstairs. It was a little bit more adventurous than before. I was focusing 200% on the steps a lot more then I did when going upstairs. Still the handrail is the only thing I could rely on. Then I stopped at the steps which equally at the same high of the golden big statue situated at the front left of me that heading to the main gate. Wonder if I afforded to jump on it and take at least some pieces of the gold, I would be the happiest man in the morning today. Then after a minute of rest and sightseeing of its scenery, I continued walking down slowly. It took me about 8 minutes to reach the flatland, which is 2 minutes late compared to when going upstairs. I was a little bit exhausted to walk after that. At the main gate, I took a slightly glance at the giant steps of Batu Caves, "mission accomplished. I survived Batu Caves!". Then continued walking home in a full blast excitement mode. Yay!

When reached home, I've searched some infos about Batu Caves and what I've found is really caught my attention: "At your arrival you will be greeted by lots of monkeys. They are going for your peanuts and banana's, which you can buy in several shop, before you climb up to the caves". Hmm... peanuts? Banana? It's obscene indeed. Haha. By the way, I haven't found any monkeys there. Maybe they're still sleeping or else. "Your peanuts? You better check it, is yours still attached?", Ezli replied right after receiving the info that being forwarded to him. Wait, I've forgot to check it. Yes, it's still attached and well saved! End.

Okay, go here for some useful infos about Batu Caves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batu_Caves

5 comments:

aedie azrul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aedie azrul said...

u not fit enough kot bro....go exersice ....:P

Zach Van Alley said...

Terima kasih. Actually, lepas aku panjat Batu Caves ni aku rasa aku perlu lebih senaman. Lantas aku kembali giat bersukan. :D

The Death Of Projectoprism said...

Ler...aku tak perasan yang nama aku ada dalam ni! XP

Zach Van Alley said...

Ada Ezli.

Nama kau ada dalam ni. :)

Apa khabar? Ada sihat?