Monday, January 5, 2009

What's up doc?

Lately on our way to work, Leila and I habitually sing along to the memorable 50’s/60’s/70’s/80's/90's songs name it from Tina Turner to Johnny Cash to The Beatles to De La Soul to Linear to The Cranberries etc. It is normally started with me humming the rhyme and then right after both of us have memorized the entire songs, all hell will completely break loose; I turned down the volume of the car audio, simply ignore the song which aired that time and continue to sing a song after song (of the 50’s/60’s/70’s/80's/90's of course) until we reached the office. It was like there's an old school DJ playing those tunes in our heads continuously without fail.

I love this feeling and for me those 50’s/60’s/70’s/80's/90s songs always a good choice whenever concerning about those mainstream musicians/bands, as I think that these current mainstream musicians/bands are nothing but jocks and plastic. Just take two songs, two random songs… the old one and the new one. Then compare it yourself. Along with the rhythm, do analyze the lyrics and the song itself as a whole. After that, do examine the person/band who sing and the relation between them with the song that they sang. You will find out that the song and the person (of the oldies, of course) who delivers it mixed well and interact upon each other: The song defines the singer and the singer characterizes the song really fine. So how about the newbies? Well, go figure it yourself.

I’m not sure whether you realize this or not, but I (with my conscious mind) will always with those oldies.

Okay, I think I’d better stop. Do enjoy the clip down here. It’s “What’s Up?” by 4 Non Blondes. The song and its lyrics really well blended and make sense that made me want to shed tears anytime now, NOT!

2 comments:

awe said...

yo bro...do check out my blog and do leave a comment on the entries...now im so much into war in gaza strip..

Zach Van Alley said...

Ethnic cleansing in Gaza is a sickening truth, I must say.