Monday, March 10, 2008

Globally or locally? And HIV?

Hi again, fellow friends and to whom it may concern. I’m back after a short while hibernation since last time I posted the last entry in here. Good day for all of you. During my disappearance I’ve found myself three releases that recommended and must have in 2008. You could ask me, why? Okay, after all this must be an immediate intro. So, just click at the name of the bands to find out more. Thank you.


Mars Volta

Meshuggah

Genghis Tron


Alright, I know that these three are all from outside. Not any single of them from Malaysia. Okay, if you want something local, you can always visit Ricecooker or simply type any of your favourite Malaysian band’s names at the search box in myspace; you’ll probably get the latest news from them directly and if you lucky enough you can also get the hottest rumours among them all. I’m out of any latest hearsay from the local scene bit by bit since myspace has taking the main role in spreading news and information. Not that I say Ricecooker has also been taking the duty as myspace but I’m just miss the good old days where people from every places were using snail mail to send flyers about the latest news, releases, distro lists, zines, newsletters, gigs including usual letter sent to friends among ourselves.

The internet somewhat has killed what’s good that we have in the past. I don’t mind e-mail as it’s almost the same as snail mail, though it’s even faster than snail mail itself. It makes our communication much easier and faster as we know it. Yes, myspace (including any other social networking website) has taken the same role even developed it much further than those two; snail mail and e-mail. But it’s such a distraction for me in having a sort of profile on which reveals every part of our personal life (depends on how much you revealed yourself and how much people commented you will giving out such information) thus our first intention in sharing information of the latest news and whatnots according to ‘scene related’ can be somewhat second priority after many intervention, for example; one would wonder on how you look, how much records you have (by looking at the Interests box), how many ‘cool bands’ you have as your ‘friends’ and last but not least, how many hot myspace babes you have or they’ll be probably scrutinize on how many of those babes have wrote at your friends comments’ section! Hmm…

I’ll not touch on how many hours one would spend in front of computer just only wandering around in every single account that have registered in myspace. You know the entire drill, answer it yourself.

Therefore, if you’ve got any message from me via myspace during the past one or two years back, it’s certainly wasn’t me. I have quit using that so-called networking since the middle of 2006. No specific reason for that. Honestly I don’t care much either the owner of myspace is a capitalistic businessman sort of person or even it’s owned by the friendliest crusty live in squatter nearby your beloved parents’ house; but it’s just I’m sick and tired of things abovementioned, plus having friend requests from someone that I don’t even know and later on they just keep those so-called ‘space-friends’ in their account to make sure they’re having friends more than others. Added to that, the Top 8 (and so on) friends feature which appear at the front page is just sickening and stupid for the most part of it. Again, no specific reason… that for me it’s just so high school thingy and undeveloped mentally.

So then, since the middle of 2006 until now I’ve been an alien to any news or flyers according to any [band] releases or any gigs organized which posted in myspace. Since then, I’m not engaging towards anything that happens in it. And I’m happy for that.

Before I forget, yesterday I’ve taken HIV test. For those who unfamiliar about certain regulation that everyone lives in Malaysia should oblige before married, we actually have to take the HIV test in case to prevent the virus to be widespread without control. It was quite a relief for both of us that we’re free from any infection of the virus. So, our wedding is fully confirmed then. Loud applause please!

I might be out of topic on this one. I think I should end it right now. Okay, full stop.

No comments: